The Things to Consider Before Hiring a Residential Dumpster
Posted on: 22 January 2019 by Sujain Thomas
Garbage management has become a major problem globally. But it has not only become an issue on a global scale but is also an issue at even the smallest levels, for instance, your daily household life.
Garbage management has become a major problem globally. But it has not only become an issue on a global scale but is also an issue at even the smallest levels, for instance, your daily household life. Managing waste in smaller proportions is quite feasible if you have the time and effort to devote to it. But in the majority of people's case, they just can't remove sufficient time to manage even their basic household activities like cooking, cleaning, etc. So, for them, garbage management becomes a big problem.
Other than facing this problem at an individual level, other instances where there’s a severe crisis of waste management, include construction sites, house renovation project, etc. All these activities involve the generation of heavy amounts of debris and all sorts of by-products which are quite difficult to dispose of.
Dumpster as a Savior
So, to solve your recurring garbage management woes, whether at the smallest household level or a bigger level at construction and renovation projects, Dumpsters can come in pretty handy. Dumpsters are basically rectangular box-shaped containers which either function all by themselves or are attached at the back of a big utility vehicle like a lorry or a truck.
The system how dumpster works is that you have to hire the dumpster on a weekly or monthly basis and then you have to simply keep loading your garbage as per the dumpster company's pre-notified schedule. You have to simply find the best company in your area and hire dumpsters from them. For instance, if you are living in Texas, you can use the services of Austin Dumpsters Bin There Dump That.
Quantitative Aspects to be Considered for Hiring a Residential Dumpster
1) Nature of Garbage Materials:First thing which is the most important in the process of selecting the ideal dumpster, is screening your entire garbage, determining the average size of your garbage and then evaluating which dumpster shall be suitable to fit the available garbage to dump. Nature includes heavy sized materials like debris, old furniture, refrigerator, etc. and also includes small sized light materials like grooming accessories, small electronic devices, etc. Depending upon nature, the size
2) Size Variations and Selecting the Suitable Size: After assessment of the garbage to know the average size of the material content, the next step is to know the various sizes of dumpsters available in the Market. There are essentially four standard sizes available in a dumpster, and they are:
· 10 Yards: This is a 10 cubic yards dumpster which is ideally suitable for medium sized home clean-ups, or minor projects of remodeling your house where the scope of activities involved is much less. The amount of garbage that can fit into these dumpsters is equivalent to around 2-3 garbage pickup trucks.
· 20 Yards:In a 20 cubic yards capacity dumpster, you can clean up the bigger houses occupying area of around 600-700 Square feet. The amount of garbage fitting in these dumpsters is equivalent to approximately 6 garbage pickup trucks.
· 30 Yards:After the 10 and 20 cubic yards capacities, the other two size variants are suitable for a larger scope of garbage management activities. This one with 30 Cubic Yards is suitable for mid-sized construction projects where debris is generated but not at an extraordinary degree.
· 40 Yards: 40 cubic yards is the maximum capacity that a dumpster can ever provide you with. It is suitable for all sorts of large projects, such as construction, industrial use, commercial projects, etc.
The selection process of the Ideal Company
After dealing with the size criterion, the next and probably the most important challenge is the screening and evaluation of different dumpster renting companies in the market. You have to first asses all of the companies’ advertisements, policies, cost structure, etc. And then you need to do a cost-benefit analysis of all these companies to determine which company needs to be selected. The company which provides your ideal dumpster at the minimum cost is the one to be selected.
Legal Aspects to be Considered
1) Permit Requirements:The biggest and probably the only drawback of dumpsters is that in some regions, the use of dumpsters needs you to take a permit in advance. Therefore, you need to check whether the law governing your area needs you to take a permit to use a dumpster and if it does, then you must get a permit first.
2) Materials Allowed/Disallowed to be dumped:It is also important to have thorough knowledge about which materials are allowed to be directly disposed of in bulk and which materials are prohibited from disposal in the open without treatment. The disallowed materials include radioactive waste, aerosol cans, batteries, CFC lamp exposed bulbs, tires, lubricant oils, hydraulic oils, etc. All these must not be dumped in the dumpster.
Cost Factors to be Considered
1) Cost Structure of the Companies:This factor works in synergy with the assessment of companies. You need to properly look at the cost structure of the company you choose. You must compare it with regular junk removal companies and ensure that there is a beneficial difference in them. Otherwise hiring professional junk removal companies makes more sense.
2) Negotiations: You must also see if there's any scope for negotiations in the costs charged by the company per dumpster. For instance, you must see if they can consider reducing the fuel overheads, overdue charges, tipping fees, etc.
In today’s busy life, the use of dumpsters is the best way of managing your waste. But it is essential to consider a few things before you directly go on to hire a particular company’s dumpsters. You need to see whether the company is charging reasonable prices, then you need to assess what are your size needs from the dumpsters. Depending on that you must select the ideal dumpster size. After that there are other important things to consider such as for permit requirements, materials allowed and disallowed to be disposed of in the open, etc. And then another crucial aspect to consider is the cost structure of the company; it's a benefit over general garbage removal companies, the scope of negotiations in it and the ultimate cost to pay.